It’s Time to Take Control of Your Health. These shots will provide you protection from serious vaccine preventable disease and HPV-related cancers.
These vaccines include:
- meningococcal – both ACYW and B
- tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis (Tdap),
- human papillomavirus (HPV) for guys and girls
Talk to your Dr. about these vaccines and also ask if you are missing any other vaccines that are important at your age – your yearly flu shot included!
- Pertussis is sometimes called the “100 day cough” or whooping cough
- It’s a nasty disease that’s easy to spread & can be very harmful for babies and grandparents.
- Bonus with this shot – you get protection from tetanus, also called lockjaw, and diphtheria.
Meningococcal ACYW & Meningococcal B Vaccines:
- Get your vaccines at 11 and then at 16 as the best way to prevent meningitis. Talk to your doctor today!
- 1 in 7 teens that get bacterial meningitis will die – this illness is no joke.
- Close contact with others increases your risk of meningitis – everyday activities like….coughing, kissing or sneezing.
HPV Vaccine Series:
- In the USA each year, more than 17,000 women & 9,000 men are affected by HPV-related cancers.
- Getting your 2 HPV shots on schedule, now as a teen, means a future with one less thing to worry about.
- The HPV vaccine means you can prevent certain kinds of cancers in your future. Now that’s Taking Control!
You’ve got this! Your teen years are fun and important years. But don’t skip that 16 year old Dr visit, keep up to date on your immunizations and be safe!
Cover your nose and mouth
when you sneeze
Wash your hands often
Avoid touching your eyes,
nose or mouth
Avoid close contact with